ICD-10 CM Codes Search
Enter your search term / ICD-10 code # in the form below. Please be patient, especially when typing multiple keywords - sometimes the server chockes on multiple searches and takes its time :-)
keyword(s) or code number:
results will start displaying here as you type...
ICD-10-CM database edition: December 2010 (2011 codes).
Tips for Using the ICD-10-CM Keyword Search Tool?
Please keep the following in mind when using the keyword search tool above:
- It makes use of the autocomplete feature. Results start displaying as you type in your search entry. This allows for a fast search, and there are no further clicks involved or pages to load.
- You can also do a search by ICD-10 code number. You just have to enter the code number - it even works with partial code searches, too. For example, if you enter the ICD-10-CM code "I13" in the search filed, you will be presented with a list of four conditions that start with that code number:
- I13.0 - Hypertensive heart and renal disease with (congestive) heart failure
- I13.1 - Hypertensive heart and renal disease with renal failure
- I13.2 - Hypertensive heart and renal disease with both (congestive) heart failure and renal failure
- I13.9 - Hypertensive heart and renal disease, unspecified
- It works for single or multiple keyword searches. This option is especially useful when you are performing searches for terms that have multiple entried in the ICD-10-CM database. In these cases, simple one-word searches produce too many results that make it difficult to find the one you are looking for.
What Is The ICD-10....
Follow the links below to explore several common scenarios for coding encounters in primary care using the ICD-10 code system. I used actual encounters from my practice for these tutorials, and I include both ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding for comparison. Let me know if you find them useful.
What is the ICD-10 coding for...
- a 49-year-old smoking male patient with history of hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes and hyperlipidemia.
ICD 10 Codes - Chapters
Below is a breakdown of ICD-10-CM codes arranged in a tree-like menu fashion based on their chapters and sub-chapters. Sections marked with the little plus sign are collapsible, and clicking on them will reveal their contents. You can navigate further down on the diagnostic categories tree to find an individual ICD-10 code. Occasionally, finding a code is easier this way, so I encourage you to give it a try.
Please note this section is still under development. I hope to have it finished in a few weeks.
ICD10 Codes Chapter I: A00-B99 - Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
ICD10 Codes Chapter II C00-D48 Neoplasms
ICD10 Codes Chapter III D50-D89 Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
ICD10 Codes Chapter IV E00-E90 Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
ICD10 Codes Chapter V F00-F99 Mental and behavioural disorders
ICD10 Codes Chapter VI G00-G99 Diseases of the nervous system
ICD10 Codes Chapter VII H00-H59 Diseases of the eye and adnexa
ICD10 Codes Chapter VIII H60-H95 Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
ICD10 Codes Chapter IX I00-I99 Diseases of the circulatory system
ICD10 Codes Chapter X J00-J99 Diseases of the respiratory system
ICD10 Codes Chapter XI K00-K93 Diseases of the digestive system
ICD10 Codes Chapter XII L00-L99 Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
ICD10 Codes Chapter XIII M00-M99 Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
ICD10 Codes Chapter XIV N00-N99 Diseases of the genitourinary system
ICD10 Codes Chapter XV O00-O99 Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
ICD10 Codes Chapter XVI P00-P96 Certain conditions originating in the perinatal period
ICD10 Codes Chapter XVII Q00-Q99 Congenital malformations, deformations and chromosomal abnormalities
ICD10 Codes Chapter XVIII R00-R99 Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified
ICD10 Codes Chapter XIX S00-T98 Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
ICD10 Codes Chapter XX V01-Y98 External causes of morbidity and mortality
ICD10 Codes Chapter XXI Z00-Z99 Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
ICD10 Codes Chapter XXII U00-U99 Codes for special purposes