ICD-10-CM Codes Training
What Is The ICD-10 Code For...
We created this section to assist medical providers, coders and billing specialists with assigining proper ICD-10 codes during the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 in the context of primary care, outpatient medical services.
At this stage, the ICD-10 training we offer consists of the following components:
- Learning how to translate ICD-9-CM codes into ICD-10-CM codes and vice versa. Please visit our ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM bidirectional crosswalk tool for details.
ICD-10-CM coding scenarios and examples for primary care outpatient visits:
- What are the ICD-10 codes for anemia, including anemia secondary to blood loss, chronic kidney disease, chemotherapy.
- What are the ICD-10 codes for diabetes.
- What are the ICD-10 codes for various types of heart failure.
- What is the ICD-10 code for a patient coming for an initial encounter for a sprained right ankle.
- What are the ICD-10-CM codes for a 49-year-old smoking male patient with history of hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes and hyperlipidemia.
- What is the ICD-10 code for a patient with depression.