ICD 10-CM Codes Lookup
Tips for Using the ICD 10 Codes Lookup Tool
Live Search of ICD 10 Medical Diagnosis Codes
Results start displaying as you type in your search entry, thanks to using an autocomplete feature in our script. This allows for a fast search, and there are no further clicks involved or pages to load.
Search By Code Number of Keywords
The search tool is very flexibile - you can search for single or multiple keywords. This option is especially useful when you are performing searches for terms that have multiple entries in the ICD-10-CM database. The script uses a natural language search function to generate the most relevant results. Please note, however, that in the case of multiple keywords searches, the results will only be updated after you finished typing a whole second (or third, and so on) keyword. Partial keyword searches still work for single keyword searches.
You can also perform searches using ICD-10 code numbers. You just have to enter the ICD-10-CM code number - it even works with partial code numbers. For example, if you enter the ICD-10-CM code "I13" in the search filed, you will be presented with a list of four conditions that start with that code number:
- I13 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease
- I13.0 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease with heart failure and stage 1 through stage 4 chronic kidney disease, or unspecified chronic kidney disease
- I13.10 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease without heart failure, with stage 1 through stage 4 chronic kidney disease, or unspecified chronic kidney disease
- I13.11 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease without heart failure, with stage 5 chronic kidney disease, or end stage renal disease
- I13.2 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease with heart failure and with stage 5 chronic kidney disease, or end stage renal disease
Search Billable ICD-10 Codes
Finally, the second column of the results table will specify whether a particular ICD-10-CM code is billable in the context of the new HIPPA transaction standard.