Tips for Using the ICD-10 Search Tool
- It makes use of the autocomplete feature . Results start displaying as you type in your search entry. This allows for a fast search, and there are no further clicks involved or pages to load.
- It allows for single or multiple keyword searches. This option is especially useful when you are performing searches for terms that have multiple entries in the ICD-10-CM database. The script uses a natural language search function to generate the most relevant results. Please note, however, that in the case of multiple keywords searches, the results will only be updated after you finished typing a whole second (or third, and so on) keyword. Partial keyword searches still work for single keyword searches.
You can also perform searches using ICD-10 code numbers. You just have to enter the ICD-10-CM code number - it even works with partial code numbers. For example, if you enter the ICD-10-CM code "I13" in the search filed, you will be presented with a list of four conditions that start with that code number:
- I13 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease
- I13.0 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease with heart failure and stage 1 through stage 4 chronic kidney disease, or unspecified chronic kidney disease
- I13.10 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease without heart failure, with stage 1 through stage 4 chronic kidney disease, or unspecified chronic kidney disease
- I13.11 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease without heart failure, with stage 5 chronic kidney disease, or end stage renal disease
- I13.2 - Hypertensive heart and chronic kidney disease with heart failure and with stage 5 chronic kidney disease, or end stage renal disease
- Finally, the second column of the results table will specify whether a particular ICD-10-CM code is billable in the context of the new HIPPA transaction standard.
ICD-10 Training and Examples
- What is the ICD-10 code for a patient coming for an initial encounter for a sprained right ankle.
- What are the ICD-10-CM codes for a 49-year-old smoking male patient with history of hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes and hyperlipidemia
- What is the ICD-10 code for a patient with depression
What is ICD-10-CM?
ICD-10-CM has been "cooking" for quite a while. Read my article on What is ICD-10-CM to get a - hopefully - better idea about this whole new way of coding for diseases and injuries.
Browse All ICD-10-CM Codes
If, rather than searching for a particular ICD-10 code, you would like to have the ability to browse the major sections and all the subsections of the ICD-10 classification system, please head to our Browse ICD-10-CM codes page.
Feel free to contact us via our contact page.